45. Warren Exits Stage Right, Abandons Progressive Movement – Debate Recap
On this episode, we discuss the Iowa Democratic debate, and why Elizabeth Warren is now an enemy of the progressive cause.
44. Iowa Debate Preview, Gaming Out The Early States, and Ricky Gervais’ Hollywood Smackdown
A preview of the next high stakes debate in Iowa, an analysis of early state primary scenarios, and a salute to Ricky Gervais.
43. No War With Iran. Period.
Why simple is best when it comes to opposing war in Iran, and why war won’t work politically for the Trump White House.
42. New Year’s Wine Cave Soiree: Debate Recap, The Importance of Iowa, 2019 Key Moments
As we bid farewell to 2019, we break down the last Democratic debate, the high stakes of the fast approaching Iowa Caucuses, the Wine Cave matter, key moments of 2019, and more.
41. Impeachment – Yay or Nay?
Trump’s been impeached. Can Democrats make the case? Will voters care? Or will it backfire?
40. w/Justin Van Voorhis – Michael Moore Captures the Zeitgeist
Filmmaker Justin Van Voorhis returns to discuss the filmography of Michael Moore and how his brand of populist left politics has become more relevant than ever.
39. w/Lauren Steiner – CA Primary Analysis, Convention Notes, Kamala’s Exit, and More.
Lauren Steiner, activist, lead organizer for Los Angeles for Bernie 2016, and host of “The Robust Opposition,” gives in depth analysis of the all-important CA primary, recaps her convention coverage, dishes on Kamala Harris’ exit, and much more.
38. Debate Recap, Extra Spicy: With Takes on MSNBC, Impeachment, & More.
A fun and freewheeling recap of the November Democratic debate, complete with lots of fun tangents and hot takes on lots of topics.
37. Warren vs. Sanders on Med4All, Credibility, Electability, and More.
Keaton and Russell discuss Warren vs. Sanders in terms of their tenacity, strategy, credibility, electability, and more.
36. w/Joshua Copeland – Local Berniecrats Founder on the Need for Bottom-Up Political Revolution.
Joshua Copeland, founder of Local Berniecrats, discusses the need for bottom-up political revolution and sheds light on how progressives can best influence the political system by seeking local office.
35. A Joker For Our Times – An Antihero for the 99%
On this episode, we analyze the subversive themes and the class politics of the new blockbuster film, ‘Joker.’
34. w/Anis Shivani – What Liberals Get Wrong About Trump, and Why 2020 Looks Like a 2016 Repeat.
Anis Shivani, novelist, author, and freelance writer for Salon, Alternet, Common Dreams, Raw Story, and elsewhere, joins us to discuss his latest piece which predicts a Trump 2020 victory and explains what liberals miss about his appeal.
33. AOC Delivers for the Political Revolution, Debate Recap, and More
AOC reassures us she’s the real deal, Pete Buttigieg reassures us he’s not, and much more on this fun, freewheeling conversation with Russell Dobular!
32. September Q&A Podcast, Plus a Word on Bernie’s Health
Our first ever Q&A Podcast where we answer our followers’ questions, plus a word on Bernie’s health scare.
31. w/Nick Brana – The People’s Party’s Summer of Action, 2020 Strategies, and More
Nick Brana, founder and national director of the Movement For a People’s Party, returns to the show to discuss MPP’s summer of action, 2020, and more.
30. w/Justin Van Voorhis – Dave Chappelle, Shane Gillis, and the New Rules of Comedy
Comedian, writer and filmmaker Justin Van Voorhis discusses the current state of comedy, including Dave Chappelle’s new special, the firing of Shane Gillis, and more.
29. Party’s Over – Democratic Debate Recap
Keaton and Russell give their thoughts on the September 12 Democratic debate in Houston.
28. w/Kristoffer Hellén – California Bernin’, Trump Voters vs. Democrats, Online Discourse, & More
Kristoffer Hellén, activist, volunteer, and creator of the online group “Alliance against Democrat Establishment Hypocrisy,” joins us to discuss his campaign efforts and experiences as a fellow online independent media creator.
27. Why Bernie’s Called “Old and White” Instead of Jewish, and Other 2020 Talk
Keaton and Russell discuss the “Jewish Question” as it pertains to Bernie Sanders, and other 2020 developments.
26. w/Domenica Ghanem – Ilhan Omar: Friend of the White Working Class
Domenica Ghanem, journalist and media manager at the Institute for Policy Studies, joins us to discuss her Newsweek Op-ed about Ilhan Omar’s courage and policy battles.
25. w/Brett Story – Mapping Carceral Power Across Neoliberal America
Author and filmmaker Brett Story discusses her book “Prison Land: Mapping Carceral Power Across Neoliberal America,” as well as her documentary film “The Prison inTwelve Landscapes.”
24. w/Barry Graubart – Beating the NRA and Ending Gun Violence
Barry Graubart, New York State Deputy Chapter Leader for Moms Demand Action, talks the recent shootings and how his organization has fought the NRA and won.
23. A Berning in Motown – Democratic Debate Recap
A recap of the July Democratic debates in Detroit.
22. w/Saul Brown – The History of Media and its Impact on Memory, Thought, and Culture
Saul Brown discusses his traveling lecture on the history of media, from ancient times through the present day, and how it affects our thought, memory, and culture.
21. w/Victor Tiffany – Debating Bernie or Bust 2020
Victor Tiffany, founder of Revolt Against Plutocracy and self-proclaimed ‘godfather’ of the Bernie or Bust movement, explains what’s different about his organization’s 2020 strategy and argues his case for Bernie or Bust 2020.
20. w/Meagan Day – The Centrist Means-Testing Scam and the Case for Free College
Meagan Day, contributing writer at Jacobin Magazine, reveals how means-testing is a smokescreen, and makes the case for tuition free public college.
19. w/Gabrielle Burton-Hill – Frederick Douglass’ Humanitarian Legacy, Locally and Beyond
Activist Gabrielle Burton-Hill talks plans to bring a Frederick Douglass Festival to her hometown to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the 15th amendment, as well as Douglass’ legacy on voting rights, women’s rights, literacy, and more.
18. w/Ricann Bock & Gloria Bonelli – Lights for Liberty, a Vigil for Human Rights at the Border
Activists Ricann Bock and Gloria Bonelli talk about the humanitarian crisis at the border, its implications locally and nationally, and their role in a nationwide day of action to protest the Trump administration’s border policies.
17. Democratic Debate Recap with New Polling Aftermath
New, up to date analysis of the Democratic primary debates, including new polling data released in early July.
16. w/Courtney Allen – Case Work, Social Activism, Filmmaking, Central Park 5, & More
Courtney Allen, case worker, activist, and filmmaker, joins us for a freewheeling discussion on her case work and film projects, the Central park 5, the Newburgh Four, vaccines, and more.
15. w/Russell Dobular – Sanders & Warren: A Strategy Session
Russell Dobular debates and discusses how progressives can best handle the Warren & Sanders dilemma currently taking shape in the 2020 primary.
14. w/Cristin Sauter – How Perceptions of Addiction Shape Drug Policy
Cristin Sauter, PhD in waiting at Adelphi University, talks drug policy at home and abroad, and how societal conditions and public perceptions help shape it.
13. w/Tina Piaquadio – Can Insulin Awareness Bring Medicare for All?
Tina Piaquadio is a political activist and type 1 diabetic who runs an online type 1 support group for over 30,000 people worldwide. She joins us to tell her story, talk about the current crisis of Insulin prices, and the need for Medicare for All.
12. w/Deborah Danzy & Fran Fox-Pizzonia – Planned Parenthood and Reproductive Rights in 2019
Fran Fox Pizzonia and Deborah Danzy of Planned Parenthood discuss the organization’s role in their community, and the challenges posed by the current political climate.
11. w/Dawn Wilkin & Regina Cieslak – TEAM Newburgh’s Fight Against Opioids and Addiction
Dawn Wilkin and Regina Cieslak of TEAM Newburgh discuss their efforts on the ground in the fight against addiction and opioid abuse.
10. w/Nick Brana – The Movement for a People’s Party
Nick Brana, former Bernie Sanders organizer and founding member of Our Revolution, discusses his current project as founder and national director at the Movement for a People’s Party.
09. The Warren Dilemma
On this episode we discuss Elizabeth Warren’s policy blitz, and why it creates a dilemma for progressives moving forward.
08. w/Meagan Day – Bernie 2020: A Tale of Two Town Halls
Meagan Day, contributing writer at Jacobin magazine, joins us to discuss Bernie Sanders’ Fox News’ & CNN’s Town Hall appearances, and their implications for 2020 and beyond.
07. Live Recordings from Bernie 2020 Kickoff
At the Bernie 2020 Volunteer Organizing Kickoff, local residents took the mic and explained why they’re involved in the Sanders campaign. We listen to their stories and provide commentary.
06. Biden on the Horizon, Democrats Blacklist Progressives
On this episode, we discuss the looming announcement of Joe Biden’s 2020 candidacy, as well as the Democratic establishment’s efforts to sabotage primary challengers.
05. w/Heather Mackey – “The River and The Wall” Film, Impacts of a Border Wall
Heather Mackey, star of the documentary “The River and the Wall,” joins us to discuss the film and the social and ecological impacts of a border wall.
04. w/Steven and Susan Salomone – The Sackler Lawsuits & The Opioid Crisis
Steven and Susan Salomone from Drug Crisis in Our Backyard join us to discuss the shocking details of the Sackler lawsuits, and how they became activists in the fight against opioids.
03. w/Peter Frase – Democratic Socialism, from Bernie to Brake Lights
Peter Frase, author, writer, and editor at Jacobin Magazine and Mid-Hudson DSA member, joins us to discuss plans for bringing DSA’s Brake Light Clinics to the Hudson Valley, Bernie 2020, the NY Health Act, and more!
02. A Miracle, a Mueller Report, and a Test from God
A quick personal story of a spiritual journey that took place over the weekend of the Mueller release.
01. Welcome, One and All
On the first ever episode of Due Dissidence, we introduce ourselves and our podcast, explain how we came to know each other, and muse on a range of topics.